This guide shows the installation of OMNeT++ 5.2 from the source files. The process should be similar to other versions of OMNeT++. Maybe you already know about the packages of OMNeT++ in the AUR. At this moment (16.02.2018) these packages were either outdated or provided a in the future coming build which is still in development. If there is a stable version in the AUR it can be preferred over the manual installation. Let’s start the installation:
- Download and unzip the source files (https://omnetpp.org/omnetpp) in your home directory.
- Add the following environment variables .bashrc or whatever rc file you are using.
Attention: Change the version to your own.
- Make sure you have installed the following dependencies in their newest version:
- base-devel, gcc, g++, bison (2.4+), flex, perl
- Recommended packages: Tcl/Tk, LibXML2, OpenJDK, Qt, OpenSceneGraph, osgEarth, GraphViz, Doxygen, MPI, Akaroa, Pcap
If there is a problem with a recommended package you can try to set the option in your
configure.user file in your OMNeT++ directory to no and move on.
./configure in your omnet directory
make -j[YOUR NUMBER CPU CORES]
- After compiling you can start omnet with omnetpp